Mission of the Conference
The Conference’s mission is to get together professionals in the field from
science, teaching, practice and policy makers to exchange opinions,
problems, good practices.
Who should attend
- Doctoral students/students
General (panel) and specific (in sessions) topics will be discussed during
the Conference. Among them will be:
- The concept of international entrepreneurship: how strategic management,
entrepreneurship and internationalization interact as a whole
- The international entrepreneurship in global, multinational environment
- International entrepreneurship and policy makers
- The international entrepreneur: profile, strategies, behaviour
- The international entrepreneur as a strategist, ice-breaker, and
- The international entrepreneurs and their partnership – strategies,
- Teaching and training international entrepreneurs – mission (im)possible?
- Knowledge and skills for successful international entrepreneurs
- Good practices in international entrepreneurship
- New entrepreneurial approaches in EE: strategic entrepreneurship,
effectuation, bricolage, improvisation, metaphorical approaches, etc
The above subtopics are indicative. The participants could also prepare
presentations in closed or interdisciplinary areas.
In the frame of the conference there will be organised:
- Round table: How to make a bridge between scientists/trainers and
practitioners: discussions, real cases analyses, recommendations.
- Doctoral seminar: How to prepare a dissertation and how to publish in a
renowned international journal in the field? Led by Professor David
Smallbone, Small Business Research Centre, Kingston University, London, UK,
Past President of the International Council for Small Business (ICSB)
- Meetings with institutions/policy-makers and firms.
The best papers will be published in special issue of The International
Review of Entrepreneurship and Conference Proceedings. The Editor-in-Chief
Prof. Andrew Burke will be keynote at the conference.